++主题“Typography and Diversity
Focus on 'Typography and Diversity'
Typography Day will be organized for the tenth time on 23rd to 25th February 2017 at Colombo Department of Integrated Design, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka in collaboration with the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The theme for this year's event is 'Typography and Diversity'
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to 'Typography and Diversity'. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference includes presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event will also host an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
The event is planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on 'Research in Typography'
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on 'Typography and Diversity' + Typo Quiz + Exhibition and Installations
The Conference will focus on the following issues:
- Experiments and Explorations in Diversity of Typography
- Typography and Diversity in the context of Culture
- Typography and Diversity in the process of Learning
- Typographic Diversity using Multilingual Scripts
- Typographic Diversity in Native (Indigenous) Scripts
- Diversity of Typography in Local Languages
- Research Activities in Diversity of Typography
Sub-themes for the conference:
- The conference focused on the following sub-themes:
Typography and Diversity in education
- Instructional Aid, Displays, Information Graphics
Digital typography and Diversity
- Mobile devices, Tablets, Web Typography
Environmental Typography and Diversity
- Signage, Installations, Graffiti or Street Art, Architecture
Commercial typography and Diversity
- Advertisements, Packaging, Retail, Product graphics, Fashion
Vernacular typography and Diversity
- Native Calligraphy, Culture and Typography, Indigenous scripts
Visual Literacy with respect to Typography and Diversity
- Visual Ergonomics, Cognitive studies, Human Machine Interface, Reading experiences
Typography and Diversity in Media
- Television, Movie titling, Movie posters, Subtitling, Typography in motion